Clever title...think, think, think...

Yeah, that's my clever title. After Emily commented that I made her laugh so hard, I had to go back through my witty blog and see what she was laughing about. Come to realize, it must be because I'm a crude and sadistic woman. It seems that a good deal of my posts reference either death, murder, toilet talk, or genitalia. I have decided to turn over a new blog-leaf and be more upbeat and wholesome.

But my resolve has already weakened. Max woke up twice last night screaming at the top of his lungs, refusing to be comforted. And Madi skipped her nap yesterday, went to bed late and woke up early. I was so tired this morning, the only thing that woke me up was eating ice cream with pecans (the Mormon equivalent to a cup of black coffee, I guess) while looking at the mountain of dirty dishes in the sink. I'm resorting to my crude ways again to say: today sucks.

I have hope, though. It a gorgeous day outside. We're going to go on the Haunted Hayride this afternoon at Wilson Farms.

So even though I'm still in my nightgown (yes, I wear a nightgown sometimes) and Madi is watching her third show on TV and my house is a royal mess and I have homework out the wazoo to do, I believe today will end on a good note.

Funny Madi story from last week:

We went to the store to buy a few things. I told Madi we were going to get some chocolate chips and she patted me on the head and said, "I'm so proud of you, Mommy, for buying chocolate chips." Funny how that still made me feel good, even though I know she just wanted the chocolate.

Comments

Popular Posts